Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sad and Happy News

I have been consentrating lately on trying to find any living Bottelsens in Norway. And a few days ago, I got some news that made me think I was on the lead to someone. I have been looking for Frida Bottelsen and her possible living family. I did not think there was any chance to find Frida alive now, as she would have been 107 years old now if she was alive. But if she had any children, they could be anything from about 80 and younger. Anyway, Frida is the daugther of Harald Bottelsen, who is the son of Andreas Martin Bottelsen, the Goldsmith. Harald Bottelsen was married to Anna Bottelsen, born Guldbrandsen.

I knew that Frida had moved to Oslo, but I did not know if it was to get married or if she just wanted a change in her life. A few days ago, I got some information that lead me to think that Frida had got married, or had by chance had a girl named Anna Marie that she lived with, as she lived at the same address in Oslo, in the "Addressebok for Oslo" (Adressbook for Oslo) 1968-69 edition, but only Frida was there in the 1973-74 edition. My heart leaped, and I was thinking that Anna Marie had got married and that there was some young Bottelsen, mostlikely with a different lastname, somewhere in Norway

But this morning, my heart sunk, when I realised that Anna Marie mostlikely was Frida's mom, that came to live with Frida after her husband, Harald died, and she became alittle older.

That is the sad news... that there most likely is no further family after Frida.

The Happy news is that in looking up Frida's christening records, I took a closer look on the godparents, and found some leads on who Anna Marie's parents may be. And in the process of following that lead, I found
Anna Marie's parents: Christine and Bookbinder Johan Guldbrandsen
Anna Marie's 5 siblings
Johan Guldbrandsen's father: Beerbrewer Ole Guldbrandsen and his wife Ingebor
and
all 11, yes that is ELEVEN of Johan Guldbrandsen's siblings.
That is 20 - TWENTY - new relatives in one morning.

But,
we will still see if there is any more information the Official State People Registry of Norway have , when they write me back at their convenience.

1 comment:

Tish Shepard said...

Dear Rune,
Good detective work with finding so many relatives. Having eleven children seems remarkable. It is amazing to think that there may be no living Bottelsen in Norway. Of course, those descendents in the U.S. are related by as much blood even though they don't carry the Bottelsen name.